Want to star in a music video with global chart-topping singer-songwriter, Rita Ora in celebration of those fighting against Covid-19? It’s all part of a campaign by “The World We Want” in support of The WHO Foundation.
Ora and other celebrities will appear alongside leaders, campaigners, frontline health heroes and members of the public in a spectacular sing-along music video of the timeless hit ‘We Are Family,” re-recorded by Kim Sledge, of the iconic multi-Gold and Platinum recording music group Sister Sledge.
The video will honor the incredible efforts of the frontline workforces risking their lives as well as all those around the world who have been affected by the pandemic.
“With everything going on in the world, it feels so good to see such a positive and heart-warming campaign like this one close out the year. This song is so much more than a feel good anthem, it’s about connection and solidarity. Shout out to Kim, Natasha from The World We Want, the WHO and WHO Foundation for their amazing efforts. So, let’s continue to love and show support to one another and celebrate as one big family!”Rita Ora
“From the doctors and nurses on the front lines, to the paramedics and police, from the midwives and scientists to the carers for the vulnerable, the We Are Family campaign will salute each and every one with a feeling of unity, strength and solidarity in response to the unprecedented challenges the world faces as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.”Kim Sledge, vocalist, philanthropist, novelist, songwriter, producer and Minister
How To Join the We Are Family Video Campaign
- Download the Special Edition Cover of We Are Family, in benefit of the WHO Foundation
- Record yourself singing to the Special Edition Cover of We Are Family either alone, or with friends and family, whilst observing physical distancing guidelines.
- Share the video on your favorite social media channel, with the hashtag #WeAreFamily #COVID19 #HealthforAll and tag @WHO, @The_WorldWeWant and @thewhof.
- Upload your video to unitystrong.com.
- If you want your video to be considered for inclusion in the global, We Are Family video, you will need to share your video by Monday, 30th November 2020.
- Video clips will be selected based on age, geographical diversity, and appropriate physical distancing if the video includes groups of people beyond immediate family members and correct handwashing if singing along to the song while washing hands.
- More details including, Terms & Conditions, can be found here www.unitystrong.com.
The music video is set to officially release worldwide this December.
The WHO Foundation
Independent Grant-making Foundation
The Foundation works with individual donors, the general public and corporate partners to strengthen health systems globally and support global public health needs, ranging from the promotion of mental health and well-being and beating noncommunicable diseases to investing in emergency preparedness, infectious disease outbreak response and health system strengthening.